Group Active® is a diverse one-hour workout that improves cardiovascular fitness, builds total-body strength, and enhances Movement Health™ for daily life. Inspiring music and professional coaching will ensure you succeed with a wide variety of innovative and athletic exercises using dumbbells, body weight, and a step. ACTIVATE YOUR LIFE!
For our partners … Get new people moving.
Group Active will enable you to attract the largest population – from new exercisers to long-time fitness fans, men and women of all ages – and keep them engaged and seeing results. Active is a comprehensive workout on its own, including step exercises and strength training, but its programming and equipment position Active as a great launching pad into Group Power and Group Blast.
For participants … Great place to start and stay.
MOSSA’s Group Active is a comprehensive workout for all movers, and for movers who want it all – cardio on a step, strength, balance, and mobility, all in 60 minutes. Adjustable dumbbells and a customizable step make Group Active ideal for new and life-long exercisers, because everyone deserves to live a longer, healthier, more active life.
WHAT IS GROUP ACTIVE?
Group Active® is a diverse one-hour workout that improves cardiovascular fitness, builds total-body strength, and enhances Movement Health for daily life. Inspiring music and professional coaching will ensure you succeed with a wide variety of innovative and athletic exercises using dumbbells, body weight, and a step. ACTIVATE YOUR LIFE!
WHAT WILL I DO IN GROUP ACTIVE?
In 60 minutes you’ll do it all: cardio, balance, and strength training! This will be achieved over 11 tracks, each with a specific focus, and each with a unique and motivating soundtrack:
1. CARDIO WARM-UP – Gets you loose, warm, and ready to go for the workout with some basic, simple movements.
2. CARDIO BASICS – The cardio work starts to build and sweat starts to drip as we step up and down on a step to increase the heart rate.
3. CARDIO INTERVALS – Two words…lungs and legs! Cardio training goes up another notch with interval training mixed in to focus on lower body strength.
4. CARDIO PEAK – 20 minutes of cardio training finishes off with a bang in this high-energy track making use of athletic step movements.
5. ACTIVE RECOVERY – Simple movements bring your heart rate down and get you ready for strength training.
6. BACK & LEGS – Time to grab the dumbbells. Exercises like Deadrows, Reverse Flys, Lunges, and Squats will make you stand taller and stronger!
7. CHEST – Now we move to the front of the body with dumbbell exercises such as Chest Presses, Chest Flys, and even a few Push Ups!
8. ARMS – Finish off the upper body using small muscle group exercises, such as Bicep Curls, Tricep Presses, Tricep Extensions and Shoulder Presses. Your arms will be leaner and stronger.
9. BALANCE – Focuses on improving your balance to assist in your coordination, athleticism, and posture.
10. CORE – The final strength track ensures your core muscles are strong so you can do more and move well!
11. FLEXIBILITY – Stretching ensures flexibility and recovery, so you’ll be ready for your next Group Active workout!
IS GROUP ACTIVE FOR ME?
Group Active is the perfect workout for:
- Anyone that is new to exercise or that has not exercised in a long time.
- Those that are just unsure of where to begin with exercise.
- Infrequent exercisers that want a well-rounded cardio and strength workout.
- Individuals with busy schedules that need a comprehensive, time-efficient workout.
- The experienced exerciser that wants to be able to work hard and do it all in one hour.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DO GROUP ACTIVE?
Group Active cardio and strength training exercises are designed to be done one to three times per week. You should allow your body at least 24 hours of rest in between workouts so that your muscles can recover and become stronger.
WHAT ARE SOME HELPFUL HINTS FOR DOING GROUP ACTIVE?
Remember that your first workout only happens once. After attending Group Active three times, you will get into the rhythm of things.
These tips will ensure your success in your first few classes:
- Wear comfortable workout clothing and comfortable athletic shoes.
- Bring a towel and a water bottle.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the workout and introduce yourself to the instructor. The instructor will help you set up your equipment and answer any questions you may have to help put you at ease.
- Stand close to the center of the room so you can see the instructor clearly. Have a couple of other participants in front of you because they can help provide visual information about the movements.
- Your fitness instructor will coach you and include exercise options to ensure your success.
- Speak with the instructor at the end of Group Active to ask questions and to check in about your experience.
HOW WILL I FEEL BEFORE AND AFTER GROUP ACTIVE?
You may feel apprehensive or nervous before your first Group Active workout. No one likes to be “new” at anything. Group Active instructors are trained to help you feel successful, so be sure to let them know you are new to this workout.
During the first few workouts you may feel awkward and even uncoordinated at times. After this, you will feel more comfortable because you will be familiar with the Group Active format, terminology, exercises, and equipment. Start with light weights and the 4″ step platform with no additional risers. Be prepared to get warm and to break a sweat. As you become more confident, you’ll be able to increase the intensity of the step and cardio exercises to suit your specific needs.
After Group Active you will feel a sense of success from getting your first workout experience under your belt. It is important to know that you may be sore for several days afterwards because your body is adjusting to the new demands on your muscles. This is perfectly normal. Enjoy the sore muscles; you earned them!
Group Active JUL21
... eight, short intervals with four training goals, Reciprocal Rows in Back & Legs, and balance work to the song Dancin' Fool.
Group Active APR21
... lunges rule, with interval training to the techno-fied classic Don’t Stop Believin’ to balance training to the song Werk Out.
Group Active JAN21
Easily customizable! Kettlebell-inspired exercises are athletic & motivating! Reaction and strength training put the FUN in FUNctional!
Group Active OCT20
Complete, efficient, and fun! I get so many real-life benefits from Group Active. Bring it on! Group Active activates my body and my brain!
Group Active JUL20
Prepares us for LIFE! Complete SATISFACTION from work in Chest! Reconditioning left us Unbreakable! Training Masterpiece from start to finish!
Group Active APR20
Halos for Shoulders. Felt SO GOOD! Hangin’ Tough through Chest Presses! PUMPED THE PARTY in Cardio Intervals! We lit FLAMES up in our Cardio Peak!